UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY
COLLEGE OF SCIENCE
University of Canterbury is ranked in the top 150 universities in the world for Geography, Earth and Marine Sciences, and Linguistics; in the top 200 for Environmental Sciences; and in the top 250 for Psychology, and Physics and Astronomy (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2019). UC is also ranked first in New Zealand for research in Ecology, Evolution and Behaviour (Tertiary Education Commission 2018 PBRF assessment).
UC is the only university in New Zealandto offer Astronomy at all levels of study, and operates an internationally important astronomical observatory at Ōtehīwai Mt John in Takapō Tekapo.
Why UC Science
- 18 major Science subjects on offer and over 30 subject choices available in total
- Students benefit from cutting-edge research undertaken by UC staff, visiting international scholars, and the many research centres and institutes based at UC.
- The unique network of field stations from Antarctica to Nigeria offer amazing active learning opportunities.
- Award-winning lecturers have been acknowledged both nationally and internationally for their teaching and research.
- $216 million investment in state-of-the-art UC Science facilities through the Rutherford Regional Science and Innovation Centre.
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Data Science
- Environmental Science
- Financial Engineering
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.