THE UNIVERSITY OF WAIKATO
Faculty of Education
teaching, research and professional learning
About Faculty of Education
Waikato’s Faculty of Education rates no. 1 for educational research in New Zealand.
Waikato consistently place in the top 100 for education in the international QS subject rankings
Waikato’s researchers contribute to areas such as teacher education, special education, educational leadership, counsellor education and sport and leisure studies. Waikato’s graduates establish successful careers in New Zealand and overseas. Waikato Faculty of Education offers a supportive and friendly environment and provides graduates with an education that is first-rate.
- 50+ years of teacher education
- Wide variety of programmes
- Small student to staff ratio
- Strong partnerships with schools and ECE centres
- High-quality staff and teaching
- Flexibility to find a study pathway
- Access to the latest research via Institutes
- Exchange programmes with the National Institute of Education, Singapore and VIA University College, Denmark
BACHELOR OF TEACHING
Teaching at the University of Waikato is a qualification that sets you up to become a skilled and reflective teacher. We produce qualified teachers who are in high demand both in New Zealand and around the world.
Bachelor of Teaching specified programmes:
- Early Childhood Education
- Duration: 3 Years Intakes: Feb Fees: NZ$28,915*/year
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.