Duration: 2 Years Intakes: Feb
Improving lives and contributing to healthier communities is one of the most rewarding things you can do. A career in medicine or health as a doctor, physiotherapist, medical researcher or other health professional is exciting and dynamic, and provides an opportunity to make a real difference.
This innovative and fast-tracked course focuses on human clinical sciences and builds the foundational professional skills you'll need for a career in medicine, allied health or medical research.
- This course is the ideal preparation for Macquarie's Doctor of Medicine (Macquarie MD) – or other graduate-entry medicine program – as well as for further study in physiotherapy or for a career in a range of health and medical professions or research.
- You'll get to your career goal sooner by fast-tracking your studies – complete your bachelor degree in two years instead of three by using additional sessions in the summer and winter breaks.
- You'll have the option to receive targeted preparation for medical school admissions tests and interviews.
- You'll build practical technical skills using the latest simulation technology and through working with human anatomical specimens.
- You'll learn in an environment that is home to Macquarie University Hospital – Australia's first and only private, not-for-profit hospital on a university campus.
- You'll have the opportunity to undertake work experience in a healthcare setting or medical research facility.