Duration: 3 Years Intakes: Feb, Jul
This degree will provide you with a scientific understanding of the psychological processes that underlie behaviour. You’ll get exposure to a wide range of fundamental psychological concepts, as well as to more specialised areas such as child psychology, neuropsychology, social and personality psychology, health psychology, organisational psychology, cognition and perception, and psychopathology.
- Skills gained in the collection, evaluation and critical analysis of data will enhance employment opportunities in all fields and industries.
- You’ll have the opportunity to partner psychology units with science and social science units, allowing you to learn how psychological practice and theory are deeply rooted in scientific evidence and how that evidence is obtained through research.
- In the 3rd year, you’ll have the opportunity to gain relevant workplace experience in a professional or community setting that’s relevant to psychology.
- A key feature of this degree is the capstone unit you’ll undertake in your third year, which will provide you with skills to seamlessly transfer into the workplace.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our outstanding health precinct facilities, including the Australian Hearing Hub, the Simulation Hub and Macquarie University Hospital.
- This degree is accredited with conditions by the Australian Psychology Accreditation Council.
- Macquarie is ranked among the top 100 institutions in the world and third in New South Wales for psychology (QS World University Rankings by Subject, 2018).
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall employability in psychology (QILT, 2017).