Duration: 3 Years Intakes: Feb, Jul Fees: A$38,800*
Cybercrime is one of the fastest-growing forms of crime. And it knows no borders. Every day across the globe, cyber criminals exploit the speed, convenience and anonymity of the internet to commit a diverse range of criminal activities, including phishing scams, password cracking and ransomware deployment. But while cybercrime is on the rise, more than three million jobs will go unfilled over the next couple of years because of a lack of skilled graduates in cybersecurity.
This degree has been developed in consultation with cybersecurity experts from government and industry. As the most up-to-date degree in cybersecurity in Australia, it will prepare you to be an in-demand cybersecurity professional. You’ll gain the skills needed to harden organisations against cyber threats by building your awareness of the motivations, mindsets, capabilities and skills of cyber criminals; and by developing your expertise in information security and data privacy, offensive security, digital forensics, applied cryptography, secure coding and artificial intelligence.
- This forward-looking degree focuses on fast-growing developments in areas such as privacy, blockchain and artificial intelligence.
- You’ll concentrate on the technical aspects of cyber security, examining topics from applied cryptography, ethical hacking, digital forensics, secure application development, data privacy and information security, and security management.
- You’ll develop your foundational skills in areas such as programming, databases, web technologies, networking and security studies from a socio-political perspective.
- This degree takes a multidisciplinary approach, so you'll develop a combination of technical, policy and business skills.
- You'll have access to leading cyber security experts from the Optus Macquarie University Cyber Security Hub.
- In your final year, you’ll undertake an industry-based project to solve a real-world problem with a focus on security.
- Macquarie has close links with public and private sector organisations, leading to internships and graduate opportunities.
- Your learning will be enhanced by our location in Australia’s leading high-tech precinct, which is brimming with collaborative, internship and employment opportunities.
- Macquarie is ranked number one in Sydney for overall graduate employment in information technology (QILT, 2017).