UNIVERSITY OF CANTERBURY
COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
From buildings and bridges, to apps and smart devices, to pharmaceuticals and renewable energy, engineering feats are everywhere.
The Bachelor of Engineering with Honours (BE(Hons)) is a four-year professional degree. The degree is accredited by Engineering New Zealand, allowing our graduates to work as professionally qualified engineers all over the world.
You can also choose to complete the Diploma in Global Humanitarian Engineering at the same time as your BE(Hons) degree, adding a humanities and service-based focus to your engineering discipline.
Why UC Engineering?
- First year is open entry.
- Access to state-of-the-art laboratory, computer and testing facilities, and a specialised library.
- Participate in events such as the annual bridge building competition, and projects such as designing and building a racing car, or simulating lightning strikes.
- UC is ranked in the top 100 universities in the world for Civil and Structural Engineering, in the top 250 for Electrical and Electronic Engineering and Chemical Engineering (QS World Rankings by Subject, 2019).
- Chemical and Process Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- Forest Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronics Engineering
- Natural Resources Engineering
- Software Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering*
- Bioprocess Engineering*
- Energy Processing Technologies*
- Communications and Network*
- Power Engineering*
Speak with our experts
To get in touch with our expert team, simply leave your details below and we’ll call you for a FREE consultation.
What our students say about us
Don’t just take our word for it, check out what our satisfied students are saying about us